18 September 2012

knitting news

A few updates in between typing up quotes for my husband (tradesman type quotes, not inspirational quotations twaddle as found on the likes of Pinterest).

Knit Red

This is the book I was perusing when I was rudely interrupted by an echidna. Have you seen it? It's a collaboration between Jimmy Beans Wool and a slew of knitting designers old and new, to promote awareness of heart disease. There is a range of connected industry events and associated products to buy that help support the campaign, and I thought I read somewhere that a percentage of each book sold is donated as well, but for the life of me I can't find that information now so maybe I made that bit up. Anyway it's a good cause so worth supporting, right? Also, it has some fantastic projects in it, including Jared Flood's famous Druid Mittens, and a gorgeous cowl necked chunky cardigan tunic thing by Gudrun that went straight into my Ravelry queue. Look through the book here.

Madeline Tosh Merino Light 3 x skeins of 'Fig'

Gorgeous gorgeous yarn! I bought these at Purl Soho in New York in July (how I love saying that) - Madeline Tosh Merino Light fingering weight singles of deliciousness. Three skeins which are in the process of becoming ...

Clapotis in progress

a 'thank you' clapotis. Dropping those stitches is strangely satisfying although unnerving. Looking forward to finishing this and seeing the final effect.

Madeline Tosh Merino Light

And I couldn't go to Purl without purchasing a little souvenir for myself, could I? Three skeins of the very same yarn in a dusty mauvey purple colour which will become a summer weight cardigan. Either Kyuu, Vitamin D or Celery, I can't decide.

Garter yoke cardi

I finally finished the blue Garter Yoke Cardigan, did I tell you? I took the opportunity to photograph it last weekend at craft camp. This is also from Madeline Tosh although it's worsted weight 'Vintage' this time. I am fast becoming a MadTosh groupie. The cardigan has been deemed a huge success and I've worn it constantly this winter. Definitely a pattern to recommend. Cardi ravelled here if you need the details.

Eldest's Rikke modelled by Youngest.

A hat for the eldest son, modelled by the youngest son. The cardigan took four full skeins but I had to break into a fifth just for a few yards to cast off, so I used the remainder of the skein for a hat. Due to not having the required amount of yarn I had to shorten the hat slightly but not by much, and although it's large on the wee model, it fits the eighteen year old perfectly. He even wears it.

Rikke

Rikke ravelled here.

New dress #craftcamp

Finally, a dress made at craft camp. I also made another dress, just like this one only slightly shorter and in a heavy weight black denim which I have worn over charcoal pants several times already. I'm looking forward to wearing this lightweight version in the warmer weather. Speaking of which, here's some Spring for your viewing pleasure.

bloss

13 comments:

Diana said...

The cardigan -- LOVE!! It looks so comfortable, yet elegant.

blackbird said...

I love ALL OF IT.

Elizabeth said...

Look at you go! Funny I found the Rikke pdf (without photo) in a folder just the other night and couldn't remember what it looked like! Thanks for that.

Spring looks nice from where you are.

shadygrey said...

oooh, so lovely.

kgirlknits said...

i just love that tosh colourway!

all your projects look wonderful and very "spring" :)

Caitlin said...

Lovely! i love your knitting posts :)

fiveandtwo said...

Salivating over the knitting and I really like those tunic dresses. Unfortunately that style looks like maternity wear on me!

The Coffee Lady said...

I've just packed all my light floaty things in the vacuum bags. I shall enjoy your spring vicariously.

Shammickite said...

You have inspired me! I think I had better start knitting again.... but haven't had much time, too busy making baby quilts.
see http://www.etsy.com/shop/RooksNest

Tania said...

Just can't stop smirking at your Tosh addiction. Knew there's be no going back...

Tania said...

Just can't stop smirking at your Tosh addiction. Knew there's be no going back...

Megan said...

Everything you make is just right. Always. That's style, lady.

Ilix said...

Wow, so much information. Love the colour of the mad tosh you bought for the gift! Yummy! Looks like you are keeping out of trouble.