3 September 2012

nyc pics

IMGP7865
Brooklyn

IMGP7744
Outside the New York Public Library

IMGP7736
Chrysler building

IMGP7699

Breakfast hilarity
Breakfast with lovely friends

IMGP7857
Subway art

IMGP7651
Empire State Building

IMGP7588
Staten Island Ferry

IMGP7614
Lady Liberty

IMGP7563
Flatiron Building. My absolute favourite.

IMGP7658
True.

IMGP7593
Manhattan skyline

IMGP7723

IMGP7539
Harlem. On our way to church on a Sunday morn.

IMGP7580
The fabulous Liberty wall at Purl Soho.

I could post a gazillion more photos but you can see them all here if you're interested. There are two things I'll share separately as they were such highlights for me that they can't be lumped in this post - the Highline which was just sensational and so inspiring; and a visit to The Cloisters (an annexe of The Met) which was better than I could have hoped for. A monastery! Late medieval/early modern unicorn tapestries! Not these ones, the other ones! Mentioned here too, by a certain bird. More soon.

9 comments:

Trudy said...

Love your photos of NYC. I was there last Oct/Nov for the first time and absolutely loved the City! Also thought the Highline was fabulous. The iconic buildings etc, etc... nice to reminisce : -)

Frances said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed your NYC visit! Your photos show joy and an appreciation of the variety our city can display.

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

A city I've long wished to visit ... me green, you betcha!

Stomper Girl said...

Gorgeous. Still enjoying looking at them!

silverpebble said...

Goodness I enjoyed these photos. I especially love that Liberty wall

Julie said...

you take stunning photographs.

harriet said...

Brilliant pictures of my favourite city. Thank you.

FP said...

Your blog is awesome. Congratulations

h&b said...

amazing pics!!

Love the shoes sign ( lol ;) x