11 September 2012

the high line

Some more shots from NYC, this time of the High Line. I savoured every minute of this fabulous urban park / grass roots community project / ultimate recycling success. I took rather a lot of photos of it too. Dear Sue was ever so patient with me as I wandered slowly along, exclaiming every step of the way.

IMGP7622

IMGP7623

IMGP7625

IMGP7626

IMGP7627

IMGP7629

IMGP7631

IMGP7633

IMGP7634

IMGP7635

IMGP7637

IMGP7640

IMGP7641

IMGP7648

IMGP7653

IMGP7654

IMGP7656

IMGP7657

IMGP7660

IMGP7661

IMGP7663

IMGP7664

IMGP7669

IMGP7671

You can read about the High Line here.

14 comments:

Thrifty Household said...

It looks stunning! (& you had such a good day for the walk too.)

Sue said...

The High Line is amazing, I wish there was somewhere like it here. Fabulous photos Suse.

librarygirl said...

lovely!

The Coffee Lady said...

What a treat of a post this morning.

blackbird said...

It is even more amazing as it stood, for decades, abandoned. And the neighborhood it touches was ugly and ignored.
Now, it's bustling and beautiful.

Janet said...

Wow, the highline looks amazing. The painted building sides were unexpected to me but fabulous. And the cone flowers - I have tried to grow them often and failed! I would like to go there one day I think.

Thimbleanna said...

Your photos are gorgeous Suse!

dragonfly said...

Stunning photos!

Stomper Girl said...

What a FANTASTIC community project. They should be proud every day for making something so ace, and preserving a cultural icon. Beautifully photographed too.

flowerpress said...

One of my favourite garden designers Piet Oudolf worked on the High Line which I read about years ago, so its great to see your wonderful pics.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I'd heard how wonderful it is ... and these photos show why !

readersguide said...

Wow, that is Gorgeous! It's given me ideas!

Magpie said...

beautiful pictures!

Jess said...

Love these pictures - so bright and fresh!