18 May 2013

Instagram photos from recent times

upload

Blue skies in autumn

Morning light

Isa Browns #bokbokbok

autumn

upload

soft morning light

Pretty but dead moth in my office. Has been there 2 weeks. The cleaners are not very vigilant.

Unrelated to the photos: the good, the bad and the ugly. A busy few weeks at work, a performance in the Scottish play (just two scenes; candlelight, black corporate suit and evil intent), rain and mist, a tap routine to Johnny Cash, learning Brahms Lullaby at strings group, blue skies, Son#1 passing his driving test and proudly dropping his brother at school some mornings(freaking me out), making feijoa jam and chutney, a disappointment, sewing a spotty skirt, trying to sew a spotty dress but I botched the zip and can't find the energy to pull it out and start again, receiving a palest pink silk scarf from Vietnam, a death, dinner with friends.

There's chicken and vegetable soup on the stove for when the kidlets come home from soccer, with chocolate cake to follow. This week's yoghurt is fermenting in the cooler bag with a couple of hot wheatbags and i'm going to sit by the fire with my knitting for a while.

Bec! Number 12 came out of the hat and you were the twelfth commenter. The 'Sew Red' book will be in the mail when you email me with your address!



5 comments:

bec said...

Took me ages to work out that cryptic IG message! Teehee, that's so exciting! Will email tomorrow....yay me!

from Amal's table said...

you are so artistic... love your photos and your writing (and of course the knitting!)!

willowcaroline said...

Sorry to hear about the death. Second son now has his license - at 16 it just seems too young. So scary here too as he runs errands and gets himself to events.

Kaviare said...

I love that photo of the light on the wall. Takes me a while - are we looking up at the sky? Down at water? Lovely play of light.

Sorry to hear about the bad and the ugly. Thank goodness for warm fires and knitting, and all the other good things. Hope that the ratio of good:ugly swings up again soon.

The Coffee Lady said...

Can I sit with you? I have no knitting.