14 August 2013

qualified

It's pretty grim around here what with aged care assessments, nursing homes, trying to support a mother who is dropping her bundle, and navigating the bureaucracy, but in the middle of it all the rest of life goes on. The mister had a birthday with a 0 on the end, I went to the wool show in Bendigo with a large contingent of Steiner school mums and managed to mostly keep my wallet in my handbag when it came to yarn (but recklessly purchased a rather fetching and pricey blue wool hat), the middle child and I are touring the universities' open days every weekend, the youngest child had a week camping in the Outback, and work and laundry and cooking don't stop of course. I also did this last weekend.

finally ...

Pleased. (She said, a bit proudly).

20 comments:

Claire - Matching Pegs said...

Congratulations, a fantastic achievement! The photo is super-nice too.

I hope the grim things, while understandably hard and painful, don't overwhelm you completely.

librarygirl said...

Congrats oh lovely Suse, well done!
The ageing parents nightmare..... Been there honey, it is so hard, feel so much sympathy xx

librarygirl said...

Oh and happy b day mr soup, it is an excellent age to be, I should know!

Leah said...

Congratulations! And gentle thoughts for the grimness

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations Suse! You look Beautiful!

Mary said...

Congratulations! Nice photo too.

Frances said...

Ah, what a beautiful photo record of a wonderful day. Contratulations!

xo

walter and me said...

Three cheers for Suse! Well done - and something to feel good about amongst the grim bits. Do we get a photo of you in your new hat? x

Jenny said...

Congratulations and I too have been there and done that with an aged parent and it is grim and that's all there is to it.

Janet said...

Big congratulations on your graduation!

As for the grimness, hopefully there will be some ease and light for a while soon. It is hard.

Elizabeth said...

The graduate, hurray!
Keep on plugging through the grim, new hats as necessary.

Jan V said...

Congratulations graduate! Hope you were able to raise a toast to recognize your achievement. Hugs jan

kgirl said...

Well done on your graduation, a fine achievement to take pride in :)

Sandra said...

Congratulations!

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

I know I congratulated you elsewhere, but seriously, go you!!!

kt said...

How marvelous! Congratulations!

Duyvken said...

Congratulations!!

Lynne said...

Congratulations, Suse. It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? Mine were in 1978 (which I sadly didn't attend) and 2005 and I was very proud to have my parents see the first person I from both sides of the family walk across that stage and receive her degree! I hope the rest of your life settles into a gentler rhythm.

Jolie said...

Congrats on graduating - that is no small feat!
I'm sorry there is much emotional and physical wrenching in your life at the moment...sending you wishes for calm moments...

Zoya said...

Congratulations on your graduation.