9 October 2013

camping

First we went here (Yanga Station National Park) ...

upload

upload

upload

upload

upload

upload

upload

upload

and then we went here (Lake Mungo National Park).

upload

upload

upload

upload

upload

Camping in the remote bush or Outback is good for family relationships (after you've put the tent up, I should add. Trying to put up a tent is not good for anyone's relationship). There is no wi-fi, no mobile phone coverage or email access and all the children's iPods run out of charge after 48 hours, forcing actual interaction and conversation. Shock horror.

I think this is my favourite photo. I got out the camera and they immediately 'posed'.

upload

Beasts.

6 comments:

shadygrey said...

Ha. Love the posers.

driftwood said...

it looks truly amazing. hilarious last photo. Frame it. That will teach them!

Elizabeth said...

I saw that last photo on flickr and had a good laugh.
My neighbour had a rustic cottage on a lake up north (and five kids!) and all summer they were there. She called it getting her kids back.

Isabelle said...

I so envy you, still having your offspring with you. Enjoy it (I'm sure you do).

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

So many gorgeous colours and textures in that top set of pics, and the last just says fun! Looks like a great trip ;)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Nothing like putting up a tent to endanger , rather than engender , team spirit ... unless it's putting one up in the rain .
You always pick wonderful places to camp , though .It all looks perfect .