4 November 2013

4 nov

Gather round children for i have an important lesson to impart. If you should perchance find yourself struggling with an increasingly geriatric sewing machine, a dearth of good light (owing to being banished to the dim confines of the dining room because Son #2 is filming his masterpiece in the light-filled family room) (a year 11 media project), and and patience in short supply, you might wish to STEP AWAY FROM THE SEWING.

Nice fabric, shame about the seamstress' skills.

Or you might find that not only does it take three separate attempts to insert the zip on your new spotty skirt, but it also is inserted back to front.

Updates.

Watching: Call the Midwife season 1. Crying a lot.

Reading: Jasper Jones still. Started Game of Thrones and lasted one chapter before sending it back to the libray in disgust. What a load of codswallop.

Knitting: a third of the way through the lace shawl, about to start the third colour on the stripey shawl (lunch hour project, lives in my office), have not touched the cardigan since previous report.

Worrying: big redundancy program at work. Depressing.

Struggling: with zipping and unzipping a zip whose little zip-pull thing is on the inside. Sigh.

12 comments:

Sue said...

I felt the same way about the first episode of Game of Thrones, or Thrones as my elder son calls it. He thinks both books and tv versions are the best thing ever.

Skirt looks fab with those boots even if the zip is in backwards.

Amy at love made my home said...

I cried buckets through every episode of call the midwife that I watched!! xx

librarygirl said...

Now I'm worried because I promised son I'd read Book 1 at Christmas. Of GOT , I mean. Not encouraging, Suse!

Mousy Brown said...

The scary thing is I have managed to put a zip in backwards with good light and no other excuse but that sometimes my mind works in unusual ways! I put it down to my special sewing dyslexia! Love the spots... :)

Kate said...

I loved Jasper Jones, can't read GOT, but happy to watch while I knit.

Frogdancer said...

That Game of Thrones decision?
Big mistake. Huge...

valerie s. said...

Thoroughly enjoy your blog - words, photos, art, please keep writing!
From another creative wife/mother of a teenaged son:)

kt said...

Please don't let the spambots get your blog!! We love her!!! And you as well.

Sue said...

Love the skirt!! Also, love your blog. My family lived outside Melbourne 30 years ago, so it brings back so many fond memories. Glad you are posting daily! You should talk to Jane (upperpondknits on Ravelry) She is raising teenage boys too! (I have 3 girls!) Good luck!!

PS I am purl3 on Ravelry

Fairlie said...

Jasper Jones is one of my favourite books.

Rachel Bingham Kessler said...

Love your updates! What a great idea:) The Midwife... how I love. The second season is just as wonderful and teary.

readersguide said...

But I love the skirt, and feel similarly about GOT -- also, he persists in killing off characters, and meandering on for thousands of pages with no plot in sight. No thanks.