13 November 2013

nov 13th

Sea glass necklace

That's the seaglass necklace and the mister thinks he gave it to me. I'm not convinced.

Leaf dish

And this is my soap dish. See what i mean about the colour? I actually have a physical reaction to this colour - a real clasp-your-hands-under-your-chin kind of reaction although I hasten to emphasise that the clasping is performed with a wistful melancholy sigh rather than a girlish squeal.

My dressing gown is this colour too. So is the Madeline Tosh yarn colourway 'Celadon'. I think i need to knit myself a lightweight cardigan from three skeins of Tosh merino light in that Celadon. I must remember this when the mister starts asking what I want for Christmas (because if I forget and just shrug, I'll end up with body lotion).

Updates.
Colour Affection shawl: 50% complete. At the obsessive stage now where I will sneak a row while waiting for a document to load and hurriedly shove it away if i hear a colleague approaching, because you know, sitting staring at a frozen screen is acceptable but to be seen knitting is not.

Cladonia shawl: starting the lace border tonight. The pressure is on. It needs to be finished and dyed and blocked by 3pm Sunday. Umm ...

Ranger cardigan: we will not speak of this.

EDITED TO ADD: thanks to my clever and helpful readers, i now know the necklace is made of tumbled fluorite not beach glass. Thank you!

EDITED TO ADD SOME MORE: the soap dish is more blue, less green than shown here. The light was poor last night when i took the photo.

9 comments:

Mrs Jones said...

Hello Suse - I make beaded jewellery and I have to say your necklace looks very much to me like it's made from tumbled chips of Fluorite rather than beach glass. I love Fluorite, it's colours range from dark purple to palest green and is a semi-precious stone.

Star of the East said...

Yes, definetly fluorite, very pretty.
Enyoing very much your frequent posts :)

Sue said...

I love sea glass a thousand times more than diamonds.

My husband once described to me in detail a necklace he says he bought me. I have never set eyes on such a thing. Am still wondering who he did buy it for....

Thimbleanna said...

OhMyGosh -- "At the obsessive stage now where I will sneak a row while waiting for a document to load" made me burst out laughing. I'm right there with you and must say -- it's very awkward when you're caught. We need a good set of comments for those moments -- I have nothing but stammering.

Amy at love made my home said...

Your necklace is beautiful, whoever gave it to you obviously has good taste! Love the idea of you sneakily knitting at work... xx

Lynn said...

Oh, well if it's the fluorite necklace, then I'm the one wot gave it to you. Snort.

Kaviare said...

It is indeed a beautiful colour. And I don't want to hear any more business about my predilection for peacock blue because I think you have a lovely celadon-coloured glass house there! :P

Pixie said...

my house is painted kindof almost that colour. you would approve :-)

kgirl said...

lovely necklace, such pretty colours. Def need a Celadon cardigan, too