17 December 2014

bit o' this, bit o' that

Scout tee

Sewing bling

Little baby Betsy is 11 months and 1 week

At home this morning waiting for a doctor appointment. Middle child has suspected fractured arm.

Overgrown

Some sewing, some gardening, some working. I am firmly in denial that Christmas is a matter of days away.

Terrifying new purchase

A terrifying new purchase has been made. I read the instructions and put the beast back in its box with the excuse that I haven't any threads for it yet anyway.

Fractured elbow = sling for two weeks

The middle child received his Year 12 results and fractured his elbow on the same day. He says it doesn't hurt but I wonder if that's the post-school euphoria and relief speaking. Two weeks in a sling (but luckily no plaster)is the cure apparently. We're all about the denial around here.

9 comments:

flowerpress said...

Lovely to catch up with you. I think I might need some of that uccello binding! Have a merry holiday period. In total denial here too. It will all get done, somehow!

Janet said...

Yep denial is good and useful! That binding on the wooden spool. How lovely.

MyLittleBlueDog said...

Very sad about the elbow, hope it heals quickly. How is little puss?

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Little kitten's being very good and very brave , isn't she . Hope boy and kitten feel better very soon .

Shammickite said...

I'm worried about the little kitty.

Julie said...

A good friend's daughter got her results and broke her elbow (and wrist!) on the same day. Must have been the day for it. Have a very lovely Christmas when it sneaks up and surprises you on the 25th.

Elizabeth said...

Ask Father Christmas for thread, lots of thread! What's the verdict for Betsy?

Duyvken said...

Oh an overlocker! I flirt with the idea of getting one but I am nervous about using one. Ridiculous, don't you think? let me know how you find yours... And best wishes for the 31st. I will be thinking of you and yours.

Stomper Girl said...

Good luck with threading your shiny overlocker. I make Fixit thread mine.